1.1K views
4.8

2 time purchased gift card 1@ WAlmart and 1@ Olive Garden. when attempted to use told they were not activated-indicating they were not set up to use...either outright theft or accident HMMM Fortunately I had receipt from Walmart and had used Visa-was able to dispute the charge.

Not so lucky from Olive Garden, couldnt find receipt guess I will EAT that one. (lousy pun). interested in others who have same experience. thanx!

need more wods include all gift cards from ay merchant. The Darden chain especially .

This is a easy scam and I am sure others have ben victimized. thanx again!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. bakerauto is quite happy with food and service and stated that there is a room for improvement of scam gift card. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of gift card and associated monetary loss in the amount of $25. Darden Restaurants needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned gift card in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Darden Restaurants.

Comments

I have the same experience. Bought the card at Target in May 2018 and give it to my son's teacher.

September, back to school, she told me that card is not activated. I'm still trying to find my receipt.

Same here, $20.00 gift card, stating NOT activated. Called toll free number on card of 1-877-230-4120.

Was advised I could NOT be assisted! Asked how card could be activated; received information “no such thing!”

I just tried to see what the balance was on two $25. Gift cards from Olive garden.

They were Christmas presents from a family member for two years. They show they were never activated so worth nothing. I have never had this happen before. I asked family member where he bought them and he said walmart but he doesn't have a receipt anymore.

So into the trash they go. So sad.....

Received Darden gift card as gift from my mother for my birthday..She has since passed away. When I called to verify the amount on it ..should have been $50...it was not activated when my mother purchased it.

I have been online trying to see what I can do about it, since I do not have a receipt for it.Looks like it's useless. I will not be buying gift cards, though I did in the past.

Lost my money as well on this gift card! Never again!

Will never buy these again, there goes that $25.00

Darden gift cards is the worst experience ever!!!

We got 2 gifts cards at Olive Garden as part of a special deal; when I went to check the balance, the card was never activated. We will go into Olive Garden with our cards, but since we did not save the receipt, this does not look promising!!

I too have had this happen twice. I'm currently trying to get my money back for the last one....even with the receipt. I will not be buying anymore Darden Gift Cards.